Apps4Android Releases Five New Android Applications in Support of Students with Print Disabilities
Applications to Enhance Access to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Resources
HILLIARD, Ohio (BUSINESS WIRE) August 29, 2012 –Apps4Android today announced the release of five no-cost-to-the-user applications focused on Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM), and audio note organization.
In their ongoing effort to make it easier for millions of students with print disabilities to access STEM-focused content, and level the playing field for students who do not have PCs at home, Apps4Android is releasing the following Android applications:
1. IDEAL WebMath Algebra: the second “math tutorial” application developed by Apps4Android. The first was IDEAL WebMath (K-8). More: http://tinyurl.com/9fqhrml. IDEAL WebMath Algebra, a speech recognition-based application, taps into the power of Discovery Education’s web math resources. More: http://tinyurl.com/c4bo7gf
2. IDEAL Knowledgebase: a mobile, speech-driven, port-of-entry to Wolfram|Alpha knowledge base. You can pose questions on a large number of STEM topics. More: http://tinyurl.com/crscpnq
3. IDEAL Ask Eindroid II: a “next generation” Ask Eindroid application, first released on December 27, 2009. More: http://tinyurl.com/9yojshn. IDEAL Ask Eindroid II is a speech-driven application, based on Evi knowledge base technology, which enables users to access information about almost anything by simply asking questions in a completely natural way. More: http://tinyurl.com/9u74q67
4. IDEAL Equation Finder: a speech recognition-based application, was designed to take advantage of EqsQuest’s semantic search technology for math & science. Semantic search technology seeks to improve search accuracy by understanding a searcher’s intent and the contextual meaning of terms as they appear in searchable data spaces. More: http://tinyurl.com/8b9c6jo
5. IDEAL MP3 Player: a fully-accessible MP3 player for Android. It is a deritive work based on RockLock, a simple, eyes-free music player/screen lock application. All gesture controls are based on Google Eyes-Free Project’s stroke dialer. We would like to thank Charles L. Chen and T.V. Raman, from Google, for having developed RockLock… without which we would not have developed IDEAL MP3 Player. In the near future an Android MP3 Recorder will be released that enables its users to create sub-directories on their SD card. They will then be able to audio record classroom sessions and use IDEAL MP3 Player to manage those recordings. More: http://tinyurl.com/cpsjgun
About Apps4Android, Inc.
Established in January, 2009, Apps4Android is the world’s largest developer of open source Android accessibility applications with more than six million installations. Apps4Android, and its sister company Onymous Heroes, have developed more than 50 Android applications. Apps4Android’s mobile applications are being used on over 1,250 different Android devices, manufactured by 48 manufacturers, and distributed by 60 wireless service providers, in 136 countries.